We Can Help You
Our Inspiration Is
Since 1996, our multi-cultural legal team has allowed thousands to immigrate successfully.

Our first-hand experiences as immigrants enable us to assist you with empathy, creativity, and fearless advocacy.


An experienced attorney who really cares about you.


I came to consult with Atty. Mary towards the end of the day with a very urgent immigration issue…. Mary and her assistant stayed with me until 9 pm in order to file all the needed paperwork for me.”


Clients We Serve

Individuals and Families

Students/Exchange Visitors

Physicians/Healthcare Workers

Professionals/Other Workers

Refugees and Asylees


Non-profit Organizations



Individuals Being Removed


If I enter on a “working”/nonimmigrant visa, will I get my green card sooner?

Being in the US under a nonimmigrant visa does not reduce the waiting time for an immigrant visa to become available, but if your goal is to get to the US sooner, then it may be more desirable. Consular processing waiting times at the US Embassy may vary from country to country, but they are still generally faster than processing times at USCIS Field Offices for Adjustment of Status.

What are the steps that must be followed to get a visa?

The US employer must first obtain a “labor certification” from the US DOL in connection with the job opening. Once the certification is issued, the US employer must then file the immigrant petition with the USCIS. Then once this petition is approved, and if a visa number is currently available, then the foreign national may apply for the visa either thru Consular Processing if located abroad, or thru Adjustment of Status if lawfully present in the US.

How long does it take for the beneficiary to get a green card?

It depends on the foreign national’s country of origin and the qualifications of the job. Positions that require a bachelor’s degree usually have a longer waiting time than those that require a master’s degree. Processing times may vary between a few months, to several years.

How do I get a petitioner/sponsor?

A foreign national who desires to work for a US employer must go through the usual recruitment and job-hunting process.

What is an Employment-based visa?

It is an immigrant visa to allow a foreign national to live and work in the US, because of an approved petition filed by the foreign national’s US-based employer who has hired the foreign national because he or she is qualified to perform a job  where there are no sufficient US workers willing and qualified to perform it.

Which is preferable, to do Consular Processing or to Adjust Status?

If the foreigner is in the US under another visa, such as an H-1B “working” visa, Adjustment of Status may be desirable to avoid the expenses of travel. However, entering the US on a tourist visa with the purpose of adjusting status is not advisable. In these and other circumstances, Consular Processing is preferable and is often faster than Adjustment of Status.

What are the steps that must be followed to get a visa?

The US citizen or green card holder relative must file a petition in the US, which must be approved first by the USCIS. Depending on where the foreigner relative is located, he or she may apply for the visa abroad visa Consular Processing or in the US via Adjustment of Status.

How long does it take for the foreigner to get a green card?

It depends on the relationship between the petitioner and the foreigner, and this relationship determines the preference category, each with its own waiting time. For example, Immediate Relatives can get their green card between 6 months and 1 year, whereas brothers or sisters under a Preference petition, depending on the country of origin, may have to wait up to 20 years to get their green card.

View All Faq

Recent News

Read All News

Meet Our Legal Team

Mary Carmen R. Madrid Crost

Mary Carmen R. Madrid Crost

Founder & Managing Attorney
MASTER OF LAWS: George Washington University National Law Center ADMITTED: New York Bar, US District Court Northern District of Illinois LANGUAGES SPOKEN: Tagalog...
Read Profile
Karla De La Rosa

Karla De La Rosa

Supervising Attorney
MASTER OF LAWS:  University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign ADMITTED: Missouri Bar LANGUAGES SPOKEN: Spanish Karla De La Rosa is a...
Read Profile
Andrew John Lena

Andrew John Lena

Associate Attorney
JURIS DOCTOR: University of the Philippines ADMITTED: New York Bar LANGUAGES SPOKEN: Tagalog, understands Ilonggo (Philippine dialect) and Japanese Andrew John Lena...
Read Profile
Isabel Lallana

Isabel Lallana

Employment Law Consultant
MASTER OF LAWS:  New York University School of Law ADMITTED: California Bar, New York Bar, US District Court Northern District of...
Read Profile

Don’t hesitate to ask.

Your information will always be held confidential.

Your Name

Your Email (required)

Your Cell Phone Number


Please respond to the questions below and describe your situation briefly

Were you inspected at the port of entry ?

Do you have a valid immigration status now ?

Describe your present situation :

Some Of Our Successful Cases

View All Successful Cases

Waiver in Removal Proceedings

Waiver due to extreme hardship on US citizen spouse and relief (adjustment of status) from removal granted.
Caring for Those Who Cared for Us...
Read Profile

E-2 Treaty Investor

Change of status granted.
01/–/2012 JA last arrives as F-1 student...
Read Profile

National Interest Waiver (NIW)

Self-petition approved and green card granted.
05/16/2006 AO was approved for his first...
Read Profile

Outstanding Tennis Player

EB-1 immigrant petition granted for a world-ranked tennis player.
10/02/2012 LB was approved for an O-1...
Read Profile